Sunday, September 30, 2012

One Sweet Anniversary Adventure

Let me just say...HAPPY 7TH ANNIVERSARY DEAR SWEET HUSBAND OF MINE!!! I love you and you know it! I have the best husband in the world!!!.

 

Friday afternoon Mark and I dropped Anna and Lyla off at their Aunt Shell's house (Mark's sister). Anna and her cousin Lana apparently had a fantastic time and they were sad to leave each other today when we picked them up! Anyway, after we dropped them off, Mark drove us into Atlanta and we visited the Liahona  bookstore (an LDS bookstore) and the LDS Atlanta Temple. We walked around and I took pictures.





  Then we had to drive into Atlanta, the whole time Mark is not telling me where we are going to eat for dinner. All I know is that the reservations were for 7:30 pm and we were cutting it close! So we are driving and BAM! The Westin hotel is right in front of me. We ride the elevator to the top floor and lo and behold Mark got us reservations at the Sundial restaurant. For those of you that have never been, it is a restaurant that is slowly turning so you can see all of Atlanta!!! It was so amazing!





Mark's appetizer was roasted duck and mine was shrimp and cauliflower. The funny thing that happened is that Mark didn't know that his roasted duck came with a reduction sauce made from port!!! He asked me to taste it and and I was like "WHEW! that is alcohol!!!!" 

 Mark's main dish was lamb chops and beans. I had a taste and they were yummy!!! My main dish was
broccoli wrapped in lobster. It was pretty good!

Then we stayed at the Hilton Hotel in Marietta. The next morning we drove up to Helen, GA and walked around with all the drunk people smoking cigarettes who were there for Oktoberfest. lol. We got some yummy ice cream and then went to my favorite place up there... Hansel and Gretel's Candy kitchen. We bought 6 different types of fudge! Mark got walnut and pecan and together we chose caramel, peanut butter, mint swirl, and apple pie fudge!! They were delicious!!!! Then on our way to the hotel we stopped off at a road side store and bought some apple cider and some muscadine cider. I haven't tried them yet, but I'm looking forward to it. (let's just say my diet is taking a break this weekend!!!)

Of course I had to post a picture of one of the carriage horses we saw in Helen. I couldn't help myself!!! All in all it was a wonderful anniversary trip and some much needed relaxation time!!! Thank you sweetheart for the wonderful surprises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment