Friday, September 7, 2012

Grocery Shopping, Cat Litter, and Nighttime Work Calls are Definitely Adventures!

See, what happened was.........

Today was a pretty good day. This morning after what seemed like forever trying to get out of the house and  off to the bank, Anna, Lyla, and I went to visit my dad who had the day off of work. On the way we stopped off at Kid 2 Kid in Kennesaw and bought Anna a pair of tinkerbell wings for her Halloween costume. They are super cute by the way! Anyways, we spent some time with my dad (Grandpa, or "ba-ba" if you're Anna.) Then we went home and I left the girls with Mark, (who surprisingly got off work early:) ) and I went grocery shopping.

Then on the way home, Mark calls me and tells me I'm gonna come home to something not fun. I came home to a bathroom smeared with wet and some dry cat litter and cat food.  (thank the lord all the poop was still in the cat litter box!) The tub had sopping wet cat litter all over. What I gather from the pieced together semi-truth from my 2 year old is that she dumped the cat food in the tub, then used the cat food bowl to scoop out the cat litter and play tornado with it and fling it around the room. Again I say thank the Lord that she picked up NO poop and just the semi clean part! Did I mention that Friday nights are family homemade pizza nights? No? Well they are. And I had just bought the fresh peppers and mushrooms to make a supreme pizza for Mark! (I'm still counting calories)

Well, needless to say that pizza did NOT happen tonight for Mark. After about an hour of cleaning and scrubbing the bathroom from top to bottom, we put Lyla to bed, gave Anna a bath, and began reading her a story. After the story, Mark gets a phone call from work saying that he is needed in Acworth. So also needless to say our movie night went out the door when he left for work. AAAHHHH!!!! I am so torn between crying or laughing at the whole situation, so I think I'll just laugh, it's more fun. And it doesn't make your eyes all red and puffy.

So, that's what happened!

Blessing #18- I have the money to go grocery shopping
Blessing #19-I have a WONDERFUL husband who works SO incredibly hard to provide for us!!! I love him so much!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment